Tuesday 19 August 2014

Late Summer Reverie


We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.
-Ray Bradbury

Friends,

It has been quite a summer, what with the many road trips and undiscovered places to explore in this vast, grand country of ours. However, I find the days going by way too fast.

As such, here's a summary of things that I have been loving:

Gustave Dore


Scottish Landscape 


While heading East a couple of weeks ago, I had to stop by the National Gallery of Canada. The Gustave Dore exhibition was on and I had to pop by. His landscapes are phenomenal and his paintings move you to such a degree that you feel compelled to act upon something grand. I particularly loved his illustrations to John Milton's Paradise Lost.

Currently reading:


I feel very lucky to have author Kenneth Oppel partake in a Author Q & A session with my book club, the Matchbook Book Club  for this month! I thought it was a fun YA read that had memorable characters, a riveting plot, and an intriguing twist at the end.


I didn't know what to expect when I first received an advanced reader's copy of A Song For Issy Bradley... many chapters later, I fell in love with the characters and the deeply moving matter on the loss of a loved one. I did not know much about Mormons to begin with, but having read this book, it helped to provide a penetrating insight into their everyday world. Well worth the read.


Currently, I am reading this book. Already off to a great start. At first I thought the plot was predictable enough, but thankfully it has taken a turn so it's keeping me hooked. Stay tuned!

love phobia | via Tumblr

Don't I know it...





Recently, I've received lovely letters abroad from friends in England and Vienna! The art of letter-writing is even more important than ever. Take the time to contribute to snail mail, dear friends!
I still get a small thrill of seeing letters or parcels in my mailbox- it's honestly the best thing ever.

Films


Yes, yes, and yes!
I am huge fan of the first film, The Trip, and the lads are back at it with their witty humor and dialogue. This time, they're heading to the Italian countryside. Trust me when I say this, I am mighty envious of where they've been. Italy anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment