Saturday 19 April 2014

April Love, The Weekend Edition

“I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart.” -Vincent Van Gogh

Lovelies,



For Good Friday, I had the wonderful pleasure of attending Sacred Music for a Sacred Space performed by the Toronto Mendelssohn Choir at St. Paul's Basilica. A yearly tradition, I find that it is much needed. I find myself reflecting on challenges that I've faced lately, and praying for loved ones.
Simply put, it is salvation through music.
From Kyrie to Agnus Dei, I was overwhelmed. St. Paul's really is a gem here in Toronto. One feels light-headed observing the sheer size and details of this basilica.


I have found Easter to be a season of new beginnings. With more pleasant weather on the way, there's a lot to be thankful for.

Watch: 
The Life and Death of Mountains

Based on the work of British geographer L. Dudley Stamp, this short film was shot in Iceland to portray the life-cycle of these wonders. Apart from the marvels of the ocean, I have always been fascinated by these landmarks. Beautifully shot, it's well worth your eleven minutes of spare time.



The Weight of Mountains from Studiocanoe on Vimeo.

Currently reading:
Frog Music by Emma Donaghue


A Matchbook Book Club pick of the month. This month's theme is The Unexpected, so we imagine this book will give us quite a kick! Stay tuned.

Listen to:
Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi, The Four Seasons

I love the works of Max Richter. From scoring films to his own compositions, he has never left my list of favorite composers. His rendition of Vivaldi's The Four Seasons will leave you mesmerized. Go on, have a listen- you'll be hooked.



an Owl post

No comments:

Post a Comment