Saturday 29 March 2014

Weekend Delights

Lovelies,

While the weather outside doesn't quite reflect the important notion that Spring's arrived, I have learned to sit on the optimistic fact that each day we are inching closer to warmer weather. And for that, it lights a small thrill in my heart.

This weekend's delight, there's  a few things I would like to share with you:

Watch: 





I sorely missed watching this film during the Toronto International Film Festival, so when I saw the title pop  at one of the local cinemas, I jumped at the chance.
And what a charming film. I couldn't get enough of the shots of Paris, wonderfully directed and a very touching story underneath it all.

I can't wait to get started on:

Planting some flower seeds.
Digging out my travel journal I bought from an old bookshop awhile ago (I've been saving it for the right time because it's so beautiful) and compiling my things to do for each of the places I'm going this summer (from NYC to the East Coast!).
Heading to my local art supplies shop and get started on some watercolours.
Visiting the aquarium ( I still haven't gone yet despite the hype).
Weekend roadtrips, now that the weather is not as severe.
Experiment with more recipes- this weekend I'll be making Norwegian pancakes with homemade blueberry jam.
Spend more time with Orpheus, my Banjo Ukulele! I've been neglecting him for some time, so it's time to get back into the groove of things.
Compiling my list of summer reads.
Dedicate more time volunteering at my favorite organizations here in the city.

Love: 


In this photo:

Dior Addict Lip Polish in Sheer Pink- love this shade, it's perfect for Spring.
Tarte Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride- I swear by this product, and it's such a soft color.
Modern Muse, Eau de Parfum, by Estee Lauder- this is one of the two scents that will be my signature fragrances this season and in the summertime. My other scent is Atelier Cologne's Orange Sanguine, which was given to me as a gift.
Field & Flowers Coco Butter Handcreme- from the Library of Flowers collection (which I absolutely adore), this scent is super lovely (a mixture of apricot, wildflowers and honeyed blossom) as well as being pretty for the handbag. Enough said.
Cambridge Satchel in Orchid- because every girl needs a satchel.
Speaking of Cambridge, I can't wait to read Cambridge by Susanna Kaysen (author of Girl, Interrupted anyone?)
Butterfly Kisses Wall Art from Wisteria.
This Highland Knot Pillow Cover from Serena & Lily is perfect for any setting!
Fountain Pen Print Postcard and Envelope Set from Liberty. Bought this set and I am in love. I love writing letters.
The Eat Cake for Breakfast mug from Kate Spade- no disagreements there!
Tan Royal Typewriter from One King's Lane- I love typewriters and I want to own a decent one in the near future. I want to feel like Hemingway, stabbing away at the keys, conjuring up my next great novel. Le sigh.
Dustin O'Halloran's latest album, Lumiere- absolutely stunning piano compositions- loved him for years!


That's all for now!

Jo

a Nightingale post

No comments:

Post a Comment