Saturday 14 February 2015

Book To Read on Valentine's Day Weekend

“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” - John Green, The Fault In Our Stars


Lovelies,

It is absolutely horrific outside.I can't stand it: I'm mortified, petrified!
However, today is Valentine's Day! As a result, I thought it would be nice to share my favorite reads to that are fitting for this romantic weekend.
Wherever you are, have a wonderful afternoon. Be with your loved ones!



Oh, Kitty and Walter...I have lost count as to how many times I've read this book. It's heartbreaking, yet very beautiful at the same time. The film adaptation, starring Naomi Watts and Edward Norton, is worth watching. I loved the score, lovingly composed by Dario Marianelli (Atonement, Pride and Prejudice).

You may need a Kleenex or two.. John Keats' moving letters to the love of his life Fanny Brawne is pure, bright, and oh-so-very delicate. I made the mistake of reading this book on the train- I had tears in my eyes and  probably looked like a wreck by the time I reached my stop.All in all, a fantastic example of the written word.

What an incredible read this was. Set in a small village in the English countryside, we find ourselves besotted by the honorable Major Ernest Pettigrew and Mrs. Jasmina Ali, the shopkeeper from the village.Beautifully written, it's definitely worth adding to your library! A large cup of tea would pair wonderfully with this book.

Lastly, what's Valentine's Day weekend with out a bit of Austen?! 
"You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me forever." 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment