Friday 28 November 2014

Scandinavian Love


Tíminn er eins og vatnið,
og vatnið er kalt og djúpt
eins og vitund mín sjálfs.
Og tíminn er eins og mynd,
sem er máluð af vatninu
og mér til hálfs.
Og tíminn og vatnið
renna veglaust til þurrðar
inn í vitund mín sjálfs.

In English: 

Time is like the water,
and the water is cold and deep
like my own consciousness.
And time is like a picture,
which is painted of water,
half of it by me.
And time and the water
flow trackless to extinction
into my own consciousness.

- Steinn Steinarr, Icelandic poet, 
"The Time and the Water"

I love all things Scandinavian, whether it be literature, art, music, interior design, products or the language. It's spellbinding and wonderfully fascinating. I'm looking forward to visiting Iceland, Denmark, Norway, and Sweden come the new year. The mountains are calling out to me...


Landscapes such as this view makes me wish I could leave everything behind right this minute and go on a big adventure. Fortunately, it won't be long before I head out into this part of the world!


Spaces:
Linda Sjögren of Moodhouse Interiör







Poets such as Nobel Prize winner Tomas Tranströmer and crime writers like Henning Mankell are one of many examples of Scandinavian writers that have come into the foreground of literature these past years, especially within crime noir!


Skyn Iceland- I swear by this product!


How could one not love Moomin?


Wonderful composers such as Jóhann Jóhannsson and Olafur Arnalds:




No comments:

Post a Comment