Wednesday 29 January 2014

Welcome!

Dear Friends,

I used to be an avid blogger awhile back and then decided to take a break. So many things have happened, so many memories have come trickling in these past years:  meeting up with old friends, switched jobs, said goodbye to people I knew and loved, and at the same time, I have opened my arms to new faces, new loves, and a brand new chapter of my life.

What a journey it has been! I can now say that I am a quarter of a century old- hen did that happen...
I have gone to places which have opened my eyes to wonder at unique individuals and moments which have left me overwhelmed with emotion. I let go some of my fears and tried new things and attended events which have broadened my mental horizon,  and as a result, I was able to to check off many things on my list that I make every year for myself.

Yet even now I know there is so much more to do and explore. And oh the places I'll go! This summer, there is talk of travelling abroad to Europe, which is something I have deeply desired for a very long time.

I was happy to have left 2013 behind. I was at a point where I felt guilt, negativity and an emptiness of unaccomplished goals wash through me. By New Year's Eve, I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself. Enough was enough. There were things I wanted to do that have been swirling in my head for some time- so I took up my diary, this beautiful leather-bound, oxblood-coloured diary given to me as a gift from a dear friend in Vienna, and wrote out all the things I wished to complete in 2014- if not, my lifetime.

I want to share it with you all in the days to come. Right now, by kick-starting this blog, it means I'm one step closer towards accomplishing the things I need to do for myself.

With this blog, I will separate posts based on the subject matter: anything to do with my love of books, interior design and all other things "scholarly", it will be an owl post, and with all things health and beauty and lifestyle, it will be a nightingale post!

Let's share these moments, these passages together, dear friends- wherever you may be.


All my love, xo

Jo

Owl and the Nightingale

No comments:

Post a Comment